Tinder A/B Testing Tool

February 14, 2019

Over 70% of your Tinder success is based on how great your 1st profile picture is. The rest 30% are shared between the all your other photos and your bio description.

There are a few ways you can go ahead about optimizing your 1st photo

  • Ask your friends — they'll get annoyed quite quickly tho
  • Use FaceRank

How to use FaceRank

It's pretty easy:

  1. Hit on Upload your own button.
  2. Now, upload your current 1st profile photo along with a new photo, that you think might be better than the current one.
  3. Hit Login or register button
  1. Hit Upload button

Now it's time to wait for a few hours for the community to vote for your photos and for results to be ready! Once they are — we'll notify you over email. Alternatively you can pereodically check your profile and see whether results are ready to be Unlocked.

While you are waiting, you can go ahead and vote on other profiles out there and earn Credits.

Note on Tinder "Smart Photos"

You might think — what's the point of AB testing your 1st picture when you can just use Smart Photos feature? The way Smart Photos work is that it'll shuffle your 1st picture and untill it finds out which gets more swipes right. Yet, you have very little control and insight into it. Tinder won't tell you which picture is the best, why is it the best, how does it compare to other of your photos and you'll learn exactly 0 new points about how you should present yourself online. It's a black box!

Back to FaceRank